Supervising First Aid for Mental Health 2 Day Course RQF Level 3 Award
Download a course fact sheet HERE
THIS COURSE CAN BE DELIVERED THROUGH DISTANCED LEARNING -
max 8 per course
Learners will complete the Level 3 Award in Supervising Mental Health First Aid, which will equip them with the skills and knowledge to become a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well-being
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Subject areas covered include an understanding and awareness of mental health issues and their impact, stigma and discrimination, first aid for depression, alcohol, drugs and mental health, first aid for suicidal crisis, non-judgemental listening skills, first aid for anxiety disorders, crisis first aid after a traumatic event, understanding and awareness of personality disorders, eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis, and recovery and building resources and action planning for using MHFA.
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
This is a 2 day Course.
A maximum of 12 learners.
A cost-effective way of delivering training to a number of staff members, means we come to your workplace and deliver directly to your workforce. We can also tailor the training to suit the staff and business needs including delivering evening and weekend training
For more information or to book courses with Groundwork, contact the Training Team on 01978 757524 or email [email protected]