Tesco 'Bags of Help' Grant Programme
Since the Bags of Help programme began in 2016, and over 25,000 projects with more than £75 million in community grants have been supported. We’ve been blown away by the success of the scheme and applications for funding have risen significantly
In order to ensure we can consider all the groups that have already submitted applications, we have decided to temporarily pause new applications to the scheme. Please sign up to our mailing list if you would like to be notified when grant applications reopen.
'Bags of Help' is open to a range of projects that support community participation in the development and use of open spaces.
Projects that will get the green light as a result of the funding can include volunteer training, physical improvements of open spaces, equipment purchases, community events and sports and leisure activities.
Projects can include:
- Developing a community garden or orchard
- Developing a garden in a hospice, purchasing plants, benches and equipment
- Supporting local football club with the purchase of nets, balls and coaching sessions for under 12's
- Funding a series of summer events in a local park
- Funding a programme of beach clean-up events….and many more!
- Following a public vote, three projects in each of the Tesco regions will receive a grant every other month, with first place receiving up to £4K, second place up to £2K and third place up to £1K.
Please spread this exciting news and encourage groups to apply. They will need to apply by following this link:
Contact Geraint Hughes for more details or help with the programme on 01978 757524 [email protected]