Next Steps is our latest Children in Need project that works with young people aged 16-18 in the Flintshire area over a 10 week programme that runs twice weekly, engaging with the group and allowing them to grow and develop new skills and confidence.
Our Next Steps programme aims to promote positive emotional health, confidence building and self-belief, through strong mentor engagement. The programme encourages participants to focus on improving their health and well-being ,to live safer, and be more responsible in their attitudes and lives. This allows young people to grow and experience positive change in the future.
Next Steps is for young people who been in care, been affected by homelessness or facing other challenges in their lives?
Be part of something different
- 2 days per week on the project
- Lunch and transport included
- Improve or learn new skills
- Try new things you wouldn't normally have a go at
- Find a new hobby and discover hidden talents
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Gain a qualification without even realising!
- Work on real life community projects (Gardening, general maintenance, painting etc)
- Arts/crafts, woodwork, upcycling, mural painting, cooking & baking
- Health and wellbeing, money management and team building
- One to one support with any everyday issues you may be dealing with in your personal life