The Big Energy Saving Network brings you Big Energy Saving Week. Running from Tuesday 20th January 2020 until Sunday 27th January 2020
Big Energy Saving Week is an annual campaign coordinated by Citizens Advice in partnership with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Groundwork North Wales will be hosting a series of events throughout Big Energy Saving Week helping local residents to save money on their energy bills. Local staff from Groundwork North Wales and partners will be running sessions across Wrexham, to help people find the best deal on their energy bills. They’ll also be giving advice on how people can make their homes more energy efficient, as well as ensuring people are getting any discounts or grants they might be entitled to.
- Monday 20th January Big Energy Saving Week Launch event at Acton Park Community Resource Centre
- Tuesday 21st January there will be a drop-in event for Plas Madoc residents at the Opportunity Centre
- Wednesday 22nd January sees an event for Flying Start families in Caia Park followed by an afternoon drop-in session for local residents and tenants at the Caia Park Partnership Hub.
- Thursday 23rd January join the Thirfty Thursday workshop 10am - 12 noon. Are you aged 16 - 24 and living independently? A friendly infomal workshops to help you be more in control of your money, improve your confidence and learn new skills!
Thursday 23rd January afternoon there is an open event in the afternoon at The Enterprise Hub in Wrexham town centre for anyone to drop in with their energy bills and get some advice
- Friday 24th January our Satisfying Slow Soups & Stews workshop. We will be demonstrating how to make delicious hot dishes that are both cheap and easy to make. There will be an opportunity to taste the results. Booking is essential for this event which takes place at the Venue in the Park at Alyn Waters Country Park .
There are more events and details to be added so watch this space. Like and Follow our Facebook page for further information
The week will focus on raising public awareness of how to save energy, money and to reduce the effects of climate change. Advice on energy costs by switching energy supplier or tariff, accessing discounts or grants, and making homes more energy efficient – encouraging people to ‘Use your power to make a big difference’