Key Stage 2 - Key Stage 4
Our engaging River Skills programme is an interactive programme that helps re-engage learners with practical science and geography, through classroom sessions and an extended trip to a nearby river.
River Skills will encourage students to think about ESDGC and other issues regarding scientific and geographical investigations, water safety, wildlife sampling and pollution. Learning will be directly linked to developing key skills, including literacy and communication.
Learners will complete modules and will be awarded an accredited award in Level 1 River Skills.
- The water cycle, weather, alternative technology and river systems and management
- Water safety and writing risk assessments
- Wildlife capture, classification, identification and adaptations
- Investigating river ecosystems: measuring and recording variables of a river environment
- Analysing data and presenting findings
- Applying practical knowledge to food webs
- Pollution and waste management
- Local case studies